Last thing you want is a pipe bursting in this cold weather!
Winterizing is easy with this checklist! Follow these steps to prep your house for winter months. Contact your TSR Agent to walk you through it anytime.
Prep the Plumbing
- Drain the water from your outdoor faucets and garden hoses Arrange to have any in-ground sprinkler pipes blown out.
- Roll up the garden hoses and store them inside.
- Check for "problem" pipes prone to freezing. Consider using heat tape to keep them warm during extremely cold weather. I
- Share with Family & a friend or close neighbor where your shut off valve is in case you are not home.
Heat Things Up
- Have the chimney inspected and cleaned by a professional.
- Have a professional perform a routine check of the heating systems.
- For more energy savings, consider installing a setback thermostat that keeps the home cooler when you are asleep or away.
Seal the Leaks
- Install storm windows and doors -- and don't overlook the basement.
- Add or replace worn weather stripping around the doors and windows and caulk any gaps. If doorstops are worn, replace them.